Call for the ENEMO Executive Director of the Central Executive Office (CEO)
The ENEMO seeks an experienced Executive Director (ED) to lead and manage the Network while advancing ENEMO’s goals. This person will be responsible for the strategic growth of ENEMO with an eye toward achieving success not only for the Network, but for also its member organizations.
The European Network of Election Monitoring Organizations (ENEMO) is an international network of 21 leading non-profit, non-partisan and non-governmental organizations from 17 countries of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, including three European Union countries, founded on September 29, 2001.
ENEMO seeks to promote civil society organizations’ involvement in societies with democracies in transition and other non-democratic forms of governing, towards improvement of electoral processes, greater transparency of the governments and their accountability to the citizens, and respect of basic human rights and freedoms. To achieve this aim, ENEMO works independently or in cooperation with its member.
Main duties for the position:
- Overseeing the implementation of program activities.
- Providing day-to-day management of program activities and office administration, and oversight and evaluation of ENEMO Chief Executive Office program staff.
- Conducting program management, ensuring the effective and efficient execution of established work plans, including established actions, outcomes, and timelines. Monitoring progress, identifying problems and barriers and making recommendations for necessary adjustments to ensure successful, quality outcomes.
- Drafting, or reviewing and editing drafts prepared by program staff and Program Officers, related to work plans, proposals, and presentations, and other ENEMO deliverables.
- Monitoring programs to determine that programmatic goals are achieved and that operational and reporting requirements are respected.
- Working in tandem with the Financial Department to oversee the ENEMO budget, financial management and the submission of budgets and financial reconciliations to the donors. Making programmatic and budgetary adjustments as necessary throughout the implementation of projects.
- Leading the development of detailed work plans to ensure achievement of program objectives and expected outcomes, including the establishment of actions to be taken, required resources (time, funding, staffing, etc.) and timelines for actions required, along with specific metrics for evaluation upon completion.
- Ensuring compliance with donor requirements with regards to work plans, performance monitoring plans, and respect of procedures to ensure the integrity of all financial transactions.
- Collaborating with the ENEMO Secretariat and building the capacity of ENEMO while playing a substantive role in program development and implementation.
- Developing fundraising strategies with donors to help raise additional funds in coordination with the ENEMO Secretariat.
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with international democratic development organizations such civic organizations internationally and the ENEMO observation region, along with member organizations of ENEMO, other networks, partners, and experts. Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with partners, members of the international, diplomatic, and donor community.
- Serving as ENEMO’s representative at speaking engagements and at donor-related activities.
- Actively seeking and engaging in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge in project/program management, and maintaining a general working knowledge of relevant trends and issues occurring within the ENEMO network.
- Perform other duties as required.
In order to be eligible, the candidates for the position must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree in law, international relations, political science or related field is preferred;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience on a senior management position or management of large scale projects. Proven experience in managing staff members and promoting staff development in a multi-cultural work environment;
- At least 10 years of experience in domestic and international election observation efforts and/or technical assistance in the field of elections;
- Experience in results-oriented program design, strategic planning, and program evaluation;
- Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing financial, administrative, and security responsibilities;
- Exceptional analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues as well as experience in implementing USAID, EU and/or other international development programs;
- Experience living and working in an international setting with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, government personnel, members of donor organizations, and policy-makers;
- Superior oral and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner in English. Working knowledge of Russian language is preferred;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and experience with Google Apps (including Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, Google Drive).
Please send your application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28th December 2021, 2PM (Brussels Time) and include:
- CV (including the contacts of three recommendators)
- Scan of diplomas
All documentation, except scans of original diplomas, should be in English.
Applications received after the 28th of December, 2PM will not be considered.
Address: Bul. Josipa Broza 23 A, Floor IV, Apartment 119
81 000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Tel: +382 (0) 20 237 038