Call for Consultant Trainer
Call for Consultative Trainer
Job Title: Consultant Trainer
Number of Positions: 2
Publishing date of application: May 5, 2016
Closing Date of application: May 15, 2016
Over the last couple years, ENEMO has been undergoing a comprehensive internal capacity building and institutional strengthening aimed at establishing ENEMO as strong and self-sustainable organization with better structure for governance and execution. Along with this efforts, ENEMO intends to improve its election related activities.
The latest ENEMO experience in organizing a mission has revealed a need of introducing a Long-Term Observer (LTO) trainings in order to better ensure understanding of ENEMO methodology, improve quality of reporting and therefore the quality of the long-term observation. While individually qualified as observers, coming from different countries, ENEMO LTOs have different observation and reporting methodologies, methods and skills and reporting habits. Although LTO briefings at the beginning of a particular mission provide framework for LTOs for reporting under particular mission, the briefing does not serve as a comprehensive training.
That is why the project - “Training for Long Term Observers” envisions developing, testing and improving the LTO training methodology. In an envisioned period of the project (May-September), a team of qualified consultant trainers will work on the LTO training methodology based on ENEMO observation methodology, policies and procedures and international standards, design training module, training manual and other materials. The development of methodology will be followed by a Training of Trainers (ToT) and Pilot Training sessions, which will be used to test and evaluate the training methodology and make improvements, if needed.
The overall goal of the proposed project is to contribute to improved observation and higher quality reporting during ENEMO election observation missions.
Upon completion of the project, ENEMO will have a standardized LTO training methodology, training manual and other materials that will be later used for regular regional LTO trainings, as well as for LTO trainings prior to the observation missions. The LTO trainings will enable ENEMO to improve the skills of potential observers and have a wider pool of trained and qualified candidates available for its missions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
During approximate three month period the Consultant Trainers will be engaged and required to lead the planning, implementation and evaluation of the ENEMO LTO training and perform the following tasks:
- Analyze ENEMO observation methodology, needs of LTO reporting, relevant internal policies and procedures, as well as the international standards and global declarations;
- Development of the training outline – a summary of the training topics, content and methodology, as well as materials needed, and relevant times allocated for each topic.
- Design training modules, relevant teaching methodology and manual for trainers;
- In approximately two month time deliver a four-day Training of Trainers (ToT) for the initial small group of trainers in Georgia;
- Assist trainer in preparing a pilot training;
- Development of evaluation questionnaires.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant teaching or professional experience on the subjects mentioned above;
- Demonstrated experience of designing, developing and conducting trainings, preferably experience with ToT sessions;
- Good understanding of ENEMO observation methodology (an experience of being as a HoM, DHoM, Elections’ expert, CEC Observer, LTO Coordinator, and/or as LTO during an ENEMO mission);
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English;
- Good command of MS Office, google docs, dropbox, etc.
Required competencies: Leadership/ Strategic thinking/ Managing performance/ Commitment/ Integrity/ Accountability/ Collaboration/ Planning/ Analysis and decision-making/ Initiative-taking/ Flexibility.
How to Apply:
The ENEMO full and associate member organization can nominate one or more candidates on the position of Consultative Trainer. An organization is allowed to nominate an external expert as well.
The application of a potential Consultative Trainer shall be sent to the Secretariat by May 15, 2016 to the following email- email@example.com.
The application process conducted by the Secretariat will comprise of two stages:
- Sending out an application;
- Interviewing shortlisted applicants.
The application package should contain:
- CV of an applicant;
- 2 referees and their occupation and contact information indicated in a CV;
- Statement of motivation (300-500 words);
- Draft agenda of the ToT along with the applied methodology
- Expected net honorarium.
Ideal applicants will have a track record of designing and conducting trainings, experience of election observation with local or international missions, good understanding of the region, and knowledge of English language.
In case of questions related to the job announcement, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Bul. Josipa Broza 23 A, Floor IV, Apartment 119
81 000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Tel: +382 (0) 20 237 038