Montenegro - The Centre for Monitoring and Research – CeMI
The Centre for Monitoring and Research – CeMI is a nongovernmental, non-profit organization, founded in March 2000, whose main goal is to provide infrastructural and expert support for continuous monitoring of the overall process of transition in Montenegro.
During its long and consistent work CeMI has contributed to changing social and political circumstances in which it was created, and consequently expanded the scope of its work towards legislative initiatives, public opinion polls, fight against corruption and respect of human rights and freedoms; however, recently, CeMI has deviated from the work of regular non-governmental organization and is getting closer to the concept of a research center for the creation and representation of policy proposals.
Mission: CEMI is a Think Tank organization whose mission is to continuously provide support to reforms and strengthening of the institutions of the political system and civil society organizations through proposing and monitoring the implementation of public policies in the field of human rights and freedoms of European integration and fight against corruption in Montenegro.
- Contribution to the effective implementation of public policies and international commitments in the areas of human rights and freedoms of European integration and fight against corruption;
- Contribution to harmonization of national legislation and institutional framework with the requirements of the EU accession process;
- To improve awareness and educate public about human rights protection and freedoms, European integration and fight against corruption;
- Contribution to improving the efficiency of the work of institutions involved in the protection of human rights and freedoms, European integration and fight against corruption;
- Increasing the transparency of the institutions of political system and civil society organizations.
Address: Bul. Josipa Broza 23 A, Floor IV, Apartment 119
81 000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Tel: +382 (0) 20 511 424