IEOM to Georgia 2021 – Vacancy announcement for Assistants/Drivers for short-term observers
ENEMO has deployed an International Election Observation Mission (IEOM) for the Local Elections, scheduled for October 2nd 2021.
The IEOM is therefore undertaking recruitment of local staff to support the short-term observers (STOs) of the IEOM for the below position and locations:
- Assistants/Interpreters to short-term observers (STOs) – Tbilisi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Zugdidi, Telavi, Akhaltsikhe
- Drivers for short-term observers (STOs) – Tbilisi, Batumi, Kutaisi, Zugdidi, Telavi, Akhaltsikhe
Closing Date of application: September 27th, 2021, by 1 PM (GMT+4)
Expected period of employment: October 1st, 2021 – October 3rd 2021
Application procedure: the interested candidates should send a recent Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to the email address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27th, by 1 PM (GMT+4). The subject of the email should be “Application for local staff – IEOM Georgia 2021”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Terms of reference for the positions:
- Assistants/Interpreters to short-term observers:
Responsible to: STO team
Job summary: Interpreter provides translation and interpreter service to observers.
- Provides oral and /or writing translation to the observers;
- Provides assistance in organizing meetings and events, plans working time, keeps contacts, prepares documents, etc.;
- Participates in external meetings;
- Travels outside the place of deployment with the observers.
- Excellent knowledge of the language of the host country;
- Good knowledge of English language;
- Good organizational and computer skills;
- Ability to work having irregular working hours;
- Readiness to travel.
Essential but not obligatory: Domestic or international election observation experience.
- Drivers for Short-term Observers:
Responsible to: STO team
Job summary: Driver provides transportation service for STOs.
- Provides transportation for EOM staff including travelling outside of the place of deployment;
- Maintains the car in a good technical condition in order to ensure safe and comfortable driving;
- Observes the road/traffic laws;
- Places the EOM stickers on the car if needed.
- Driving license;
- At least 5 years of driving experience;
- Ability to work having irregular working hours.
Essential but not obligatory: Domestic or international election observation experience; Knowledge of English language.
Address: Bul. Josipa Broza 23 A, Floor IV, Apartment 119
81 000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Tel: +382 (0) 20 237 038