Vacancies Announcement EOM to Ukraine 2020
ENEMO is preparing to deploy an Election Observation Mission (EOM) for the Local Elections in Ukraine, scheduled for October 25th, 2020.
The EOM is, therefore, undertaking the recruitment of local staff to support the Core Team of the EOM in its Kyiv-based office for the below positions:
1. Assistant to the Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission
Closing Date of application: September 18th (by 11.59 p.m. UTC+01:00)
Expected starting date of employment
Expected duration of the employment
Assistant to the Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission
Closing Date of application: 18th September 2020 (by the end of the day)
Application procedure: the interested candidates should send a recent Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter to the email address: email@example.com by September 10th (by the end of the day). The subject of the email should be “Application for local staff – EOM Ukraine 2020 – Assistant to HoM and DHoM”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to the interview.
Terms of Reference for the positions:
1. Assistant to the Legal Expert/CEC Observer
Job summary: Assists the work of the Head and Deputy Head of the Mission, provides translation during high level meetings and press events.
Provides verbal and written translation;
- Types documents, reports and correspondence;
- Provides assistance in organizing meetings and events, plans working time, keeps contacts, prepares documents, etc.;
- Participates in staff meetings and external meetings;
- Provides consecutive translation during press events;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent knowledge of English and language of the host country (written and verbal communication); Bachelor degree or equivalent;
- Competent computer skills, including MS Office and Excel or equivalent; Internet skills, including use of e-mail and group messaging (good knowledge and skills of the Google apps and ecosystemis preferred);
- Excellent and planning skills;
- Work management and prioritizing skills;
- Problem solving ability; Attention to detail;
- Ability to work having irregular working hours;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Ability to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Preferred but not obligatory:
- Bachelors’ or equivalent degree in law, political science, social science, or related field;
- Good knowledge of the Ukrainian political landscape and elections in Ukraine;
- Experience working with national election bodies, international election observation mission or domestic election observation activity;
- Public speaking experience.
Address: Bul. Josipa Broza 23 A, Floor IV, Apartment 119
81 000 Podgorica, Montenegro
Tel: +382 (0) 20 237 038