According to the Charter of the organization, European Network of Elections Monitoring Organizations (ENEMO) is regional organization composed of leading non-profit, non-partisan and non-governmental organizations that works independently or with its member organizations in societies with democracies in transition and other non-democratic forms of governing towards improvement of electoral processes, greater transparency of the governments and their accountability to the citizens and respect of basic human rights and freedoms.
ENEMO strives for promotion of civic organizations’ involvement in election monitoring:
In order to achieve its mission ENEMO is:
- Promoting the standards of the network regarding election monitoring
- Supporting international and exchange projects among ENEMO members
- Developing information resources of electoral legislation and systems
- Providing international support to Members
- Supporting communication and information exchange between Members
- Providing support to new election monitoring initiatives
- Building relations with other international bodies active in election related matters
- Promoting election monitoring as effective way to engage, educate and empower citizens.
GOAL 1: Strengthen ENEMO’s internal functioning and support network’s growth
GOAL 2: Improve electoral processes in ENEMO region and stipulate exchange of experiences and best practices in elections monitoring field within ENEMO member organizations
GOAL 3: Boost transparency and accountability along with respect of basic human rights and freedoms in ENEMO region and stipulate exchange of experiences and best practices within ENEMO member organizations in the field of promotion of human rights and basic freedoms and securing transparency and accountability of the governments
Address: 37 Oniashvili, 0160, Tbilisi, Georgia
Tel: +995 322 37 28 82